Monday 28 March 2016

Yum yum: Baked Egg in Avocado

Baked Egg in Avocado A quick breakfast that is as delicious as it is pretty
AdChoices Baked Egg in Avocado A quick breakfast that is as delicious as it is pretty by: Olivia Van Iderstine 11Facebook For me, breakfast doesn't quite feel like breakfast without eggs. I like them scrambled, fried, poached, in a house, with a mouse, you name it. They just have to be there or else I feel like I'm having a breakfast appetizer. So when I started seeing people baking eggs in avocados, I knew I needed to give it a try. It's the perfect combination of a runny egg and creamy avocado. The avocado skin makes a perfect little bowl for it, so it's fun and portable. I top mine with a little salt and pepper and I'm good to go, but a spicy salsa or fresh herbs certainly couldn't hurt. This would make an easy lunch or after-school snack, too. For me, breakfast doesn't quite feel like breakfast without eggs. I like them scrambled, fried, poached, in a house, with a mouse, you name it. They just have to be there or else I feel like I'm having a breakfast appetizer. RECIPE: Baked Eggs in Avocado Yields: 1 or 2 servings, depending on how hungry you are Ingredients 1 ripe avocado 2 eggs Salt and pepper, to taste Optional toppings: red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, salsa Directions Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Slice your avocado in half. Remove the seed by carefully hitting it with a large knife. Place each avocado half in a small ramekin so the avocado half stays up. Spoon out a little bit more of the avocado flesh to ensure the whole egg fits. Crack each egg in a small bowl. Using a spoon, carefully spoon the yolk into the hole in the avocado. Be careful not to break the yolk. Then add the remaining egg white. Bake the avocados for 15-20 minutes, watching them carefully. When the whites are set, they're done. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the egg, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something about our story...